AN EFFECTIVE BIOACTIVE THERAPY
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is a biological product obtained from the patient own blood (autologous) which contains a platelet concentration above normal basal value. Platelets and plasma of PRP contain a wide amount of growth factors (GFs) and other biomolecules that activate and accelerate the processes of repair and regeneration of tissues where they are administered.
EFFECTS IN WOUNDS9
PRP leads to the formation of healthy granulation tissue, accelerates epithelial differentiation, enhances the organization of dermal collagen fibers reducing scar formation, increases significantly the wound contraction and re-epithelialization leading to early complete closure.
PRP creates a biological internal environment for tissue homeostasis restoration by providing to the wounded area several signaling cytokines and GFs that will induce the migration and proliferation of MSCs and fibroblasts, promote the regeneration of epithelial and endothelial cells, increase anti-inflammatory factors, angiogenic factors and proteins related to extracellular matrix remodeling.
PRP-treated wounds showed faster and significant increase in tissue perfusion which helps the formation of granulation tissue and a better collagen architecture.
Accelerates significantly the re-epithelialization process and reduce the inflammation process. Growth factors and cytokines play also a crucial role in controlling oxidative damage.
PRP exert antimicrobial activity against Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli.
Wounds, Ulcers, Scars and fibrosis, Burns, Fat grafting adjuvant, Skin grafting adjuvant
1. Andia et al. Regen Med. 2013; 8(645-658).
2. Anitua et al. J Control Release. 2012 ;157(29-38).
3. Griffeth et al. PLoS ONE. 2014; 9:e1084395.
4. Lacci et al. Yale J Bio Med. 2010; 83(1-9).
5. Yung et al. J Sport med Art Reh Tech. 2017; 7(27-36).
6. Mazzucco et al. Transfusion. 2004; 44(1013-10018).
7. Amable et al. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2013; 4(67).
8. McAleer et al. Adv. Skin Wound Care. 2006; 19(354–363).
9. Chicharro-Alcántara et al. J.Funct Biomat. 2018;9,10.
10. Magalon et al. BMJ Open Sport Exerc Med. 2016; 4;2(1):e000060.
11. Lee JW et al. Dermatol Surg 2011; 37(7): 931–938.
12. Tehranian A et al. Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2016;18(7):e34449.
13. Ozcelik U et al. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:1903-9.
14. Cervelli V et al. Tissue Eng Part C Methods. 2009 Dec;15(4):625-34.
15. Schade VL et al. Foot Ankle Spec. 2008 Jun;1(3):155-9.
HY-tissue PRP: A UNIQUE TECHNOLOGY
Hy-tissue PRP 20/50 are easy to use and have simple step-by-step
CLOSED SYSTEM Blood and plasma transfer through a swabable luer valve, designed to fill, hold and release controlled amounts of fluids on demand.
USER PROTECTION To ensure user safety at any time during handling, the kit has:
- Safety mechanism to minimize the risk of a needlestick injury
- Flexible cannulas
For all therapeutic needs in outpatients or in the operating room:
2 KITS AVAILABLE:
- Hy-tissue PRP 20
- Hy-tissue PRP 50
2 TYPES OF PRP:
- VERY PURE PRP
- LEUCO-RICH PRP
2 Individual sterile kits in the same pack, with all components for:
- Collection of anticoagulated blood
- PRP processing, selection and activation